Transport for London ads warn against taking illegal minicabs
Transport for London (TfL) has launched a campaign to highlight the dangers of using illegal minicabs in the capital.
TfL: latest campaign warns against using illegal minicabs
Timed to coincide with the start of the Christmas party season, the 'Safer Travel at Night' campaign will run across cinema, outdoor, print and online media. It promotes a new 'Cabwise' app – created in-house by TfL – which allows people to book their nearest minicab. Previously, the service was provided only via text.
A hard-hitting cinema ad by M&C Saatchi reinforces the message that getting into an unbooked minicab is illegal and places women at risk of sexual assault.
It does this by highlighting "mythical" measures that women put in place in an attempt to keep themselves safe, such as ensuring they travel with friends or only getting in if the driver is smartly dressed. A voiceover then informs viewers how ineffective these measures are in practice. Outdoor activity uses the strapline: "If it's not booked it's just a stranger's car."
Carrie Hindmarsh, chief executive at M&C Saatchi, said: "The power of the idea comes from the insight that women believe they are taking measures to ensure that 'it will never happen to me'."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...