EasyJet posts record annual profits of £317m
EasyJet, the low-cost airline, has registered annual pre-tax profits at a record level of £317m, after a 27.9% year-on-year increase.
EasyJet: posts record annual profits
Total revenue grew by 11.6% to £3.85bn, while revenue per seat grew by 5.9% to £58.51. Unit fuel costs increased by £182m.
The airline stated this increase in revenue per seat has been driven by improvements to easyJet.com and the success of the brand's "Europe by easyJet" marketing campaign, among other factors. EasyJet launched the second phase of its campaign, called 'Holiday moments', last month.
Carolyn McCall, chief executive of easyJet, said: "These results demonstrate that easyJet is a structural winner in the European short-haul market against both legacy and low cost competition.
"The strength of easyJet's business model and strategy coupled with the hard work and dedication of the easyJet team has delivered record profits as well as a significant increase in returns for shareholders during the year.
"While there is always the potential for unexpected events to temporarily impact financial results the Board of easyJet is confident that its business model, strategy and people will consistently continue to generate superior returns and growth for shareholders."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London