TMG signs novel Blippar ad deal with Virgin Atlantic
Telegraph Media Group (TMG), publisher of The Daily Telegraph, has partnered with Virgin Atlantic on a novel commercial deal that utilises Blippar technology in an iPad advertisement.
Virgin Atlantic: teams up with TMG to create BlippAR ad
TMG claims the deal marks the first time a UK news brand has incorporated Blippar technology in an iPad ad.
It marks an attempt by TMG to steal a march on its competitors by using more innovative advertising technology.
The creative, which promotes Virgin Atlantic's discounted fares to global destinations, invites readers to use augmented reality (AR) by holding the BlippAR app on a secondary device over the iPad advertisement, to discover the best priced-flights available to chosen destinations.
The AR function allows users to find out local weather, time and cabin-crew tips, based on their selected route. The deal was planned and brokered by Manning Gottlieb OMD and the creative was carried out by RKCR Y&R.
Mark Challinor, director of mobile platforms, TMG, said: "We have constantly been innovating in the digital and mobile arena here at The Telegraph, working with the best service providers and providing innovative solutions to our forward-looking clients and agencies.
"This is a prime example, with one of our leading advertisers capturing this augmented reality technology, within a Telegraph-created advertisement, adding value for our readers."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London