LateRooms.com continues the story of Ben and Lucy
LateRooms.com has released a new ad starring Ben and Lucy, the young couple introduced to viewers last year, which explains how the hotel booking site can serve a couple's changing needs.
The 60-second ad reminds viewers of how Ben and Lucy got together last year and how their relationship develops when they meet each other’s parents, become pregnant and when Ben plans to propose.
Beattie McGuinness Bungay devised the campaign. It will use TV, print, outdoor and online media to take a light-hearted look at the couple’s changing hotel needs and continues the "For your every need" strapline.
At BMB the creative team was Nathalie Turton and Lorelei Mathias. David Kerr, a Bafta-winning director who has directed the Channel 4 comedy ‘Fresh Meat’, shot the TV campaign.
The 60-second spot broke during ‘Coronation Street’ on Friday 1 February and the story will continue in a series of 10-second ads to be released later this month.
Lynda Matthews, offline marketing manager at LateRooms.com, said: "Our customers loved watching Ben and Lucy's story unfold throughout 2012 so we're delighted to be able to bring the characters back in 2013.
"Seeing them in more real-life situations has allowed us to illustrate that we really do have a hotel for your every need at LateRooms.com. We have also got lots of gossip and behind the scenes glimpses into Ben and Lucy’s relationship on the LateRooms.com blog, so our customers can get to know our lovebirds even better."
The advertising will be supported by experiential activity which will see the LateRooms.com "Need Squad" visit major cities across the UK to give away thousands of pounds worth of hotel stays.
Media planning and buying was by MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham