Carat lands £12m Thomas Cook job
Arena Media has lost the £12 million Thomas Cook media planning and buying business to Aegis Media's Carat Manchester without a pitch.
Thomas Cook: Arena has overseen offline media since 1990
The move consolidates Thomas Cook’s traditional media account with its £15 million digital media business, already handled by Carat Manchester.
Thomas Cook’s media account was among the first wave of sizeable brands won by Arena when it launched as BLM in 1990.
The agency, now owned by Havas, successfully fended off attempts to consolidate the business into Carat Manchester (then MediaVest Manchester) after a lengthy pitch process in November 2010.
The loss is a major blow to Arena, which is still attempting to stabilise itself after a series of senior departures following management earn-outs in 2011. The chief executive, Steve Booth, continues to lead the business.
Aegis Media was unable to confirm it had been awarded the business.
Separately, Thomas Cook has approached agencies ahead of a digital pitch as the travel brand seeks an overhaul of its digital presence.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...