VivaKi strikes exclusive ad deal for Xbox entertainment apps
Microsoft has struck an exclusive deal with VivaKi to offer Starcom MediaVest Group and ZenithOptimedia clients pre-roll advertising inventory within entertainment apps on its gaming and entertainment platform Xbox Live.
Hulu, as it will appear on Xbox US
Samsung, EMI, Emirates, Honda and O2 are among the first advertisers in the UK to run ads on the new entertainment apps, which first became available yesterday (6 December).
In the UK Xbox users can access an app for LoveFilm, and Xbox will be adding further apps from a range of TV, movie, video, sports, music and news brands, including YouTube, Channel 4 and MSN, later this month, with the BBC set to join in 2012.
VivaKi's exclusive arrangement runs until March next year.
The rollout of entertainment apps on the online platform Xbox Live is part of the brand’s play to move beyond gaming into entertainment and interactive TV.
It claims to have a network of 35 million users globally, while Ipsos Mori research indicates that 18% of UK households owned an Xbox 360 as of July this year.
Xbox users with the Kinect controller will be able to interact with the content and entertainment on the apps, using voice and gestures.
Dean Carignan, senior director Xbox Live Advertising, EMEA, said: "The new Xbox Live experience brings extended possibilities for marketers, placing TV advertising within an interactive entertainment context and helping them to engage a large and growing audience where they are spending their time."
Xbox is poised to roll out a product placement on Sky1 HD later this month, which will see its Kinect games console used as an in-game challenge on sports quiz 'A League of their Own'.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...